We Act As A Broker For The Sale Of Your Jewellery, Diamonds & Watches
This LONG TERM consignment service can take up to 12 months. There is an upfront fee of £100 which covers the cost of refurb, valuation and imagery. An agreed additional commission will be payable at the point of sale.
If your jewellery is of sufficient quality, style and condition we will endeavour to achieve the best possible second hand retail prices, which means that you could receive more than would be obtained by selling at auction or through the trade. A remounting service is also available to modernise older or less saleable pieces.
Our commission is a fixed percentage of the proceeds (that is subject to VAT), agreed before sale and does not vary regardless of sale price. Please see our rates below.
The jewellery will be displayed in our showroom and advertised on the website as well as other media channels. All of your jewellery and watches will be fully insured whilst on our premises.
1. The initial upfront fee covers:
a. A check, clean and polish (additional work to make saleable will be advised and would be chargeable)
b. An independent NAJ valuers pre-sale report - This is converted to a full NAJ valuation and posted to the private buyer at point of sale
c. Professional photography
d. Administration, including the listing on whartongoldsmith.com, social media & other online sales channels
e. Showroom display
2. All items must be of a saleable standard, any work required would need advance settlement.
3. Sale price, minimum sale price & commission are set on completion of NAJ report
4. The agreed commission fee will be deducted from the final sale price and is subject to 20% VAT.
5. Additional costs incurred for advertising via other on-line sales channels will be deducted from the sale proceeds before commission applied.
6. All owners jewellery left with CWG for sale will be covered by the company’s jewellery block insurance policy for theft and/or damage.
7. We cannot guarantee the sale of the owner’s item(s) within the 6-12 months period.
8. In the event the item does not sell within the 6-12 month period the owner is fully entitled to take back possession of their item. The owner is also entitled to the NAJ Report and professional images taken.
9. The seller is fully entitled to take back possession of their item before the agreed term but will not be entitled to any refund of upfront costs, the NAJ report or images taken.
10. Any cash offer made by a private buyer that is less than the minimum sale price will be referred to the owner for their approval before the sale is accepted.
For an immediate decision with no upfront cost try our QUICK SALE service. We are always actively looking buy gold, platinum, certified diamonds, precious stones, designer branded pieces and will be able to offer you the very best price.
There are no upfront costs or obligations for this service. We will either buy your item outright or just negotiate the best price on your behalf via our trade network.